Thursday, September 16, 2010

the Rock Sandwich and Puritain

       When I was a young boy, although rather manly, my father and I would go on great hiking adventures. Now these weren't any hikes, these were fun hikes. Of course, we never went on a hike with out munchies. I mean were not trying to kill are selves right? So as a kid, i had a huge love for "curby cucumber sandwiches". These sandwiches were crack!! not only were they delicious, they were delicious. For a sandwich as special as a "curby cucumber sandwich", one can't just plop down and eat anywhere. when ever it was snack time, my dad an I would walk until we hit a certain spot in the woods. this spot was called Plymouth Rock (Snack Rock). at this particular place, me and my father would sit down and eat our sandwiches. They were terrific and special and yummy and scrumtiouse.        Now many would ask how this relates to our American Literature class. Well if you look to line 7 word 9 and 10, you would notice that I did in fact make a reference to class. And for further information, the rock was not actually Plymouth Rock, but i did believe that the Pilgrims settled there until I turned ten.
word.

5 comments:

  1. The first thing I did after reading this blog was look to line 7, words 9 and 10, which I found to be "until" and "we" (I checked a good 10 times or so). I'm pretty sure you meant line 8 words 3 and 4, Plymouth Rock. I then proceeded to googling a curby cucumber sandwich and sadly I couldn't find anything, so you should like go post a recipe and pictures to this because you got me interested in it. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fred, the sandwiches were not only delicious, but they were delicious? Nice. And I'm prrrrety sure the Pilgrims settled at Plymouth Rock before you turned ten. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Fred. The funny thing is, while I was reading this, I imagined you saying it. It worked. Referring to Noel's comment, you would do that. What is a curby cucumber sandwich? never heard of them and I come from the land of cucumber sandwiches. Anyways, always have to have munchies =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find this to be a fascinating blog post man, I also imagined you saying it. I think your personality is well represented here, and found some of the terminology you used to be kinda funny. I also would like to have on of said sandwiches with you at some point this year =).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting...what is in a curby cucumber sandwich? Flavor Blasted Goldfish??

    ReplyDelete