I didn't start thinking about the American Dream and how it effects me until we were asked too. But once I thought about it, I realized that the American Dream effects me more than i ever thought. The Dream talks about being independent and self-sufficient. All I want is to be away from parents and live on my own like any other teenager. I'd throw massive parties and be, as them kids say, "a thug". This is my dream and for me the "independent" part of the American dream.
Another part of my dream is to have a bomb family were everybody is happy and healthy and successful. One major idea in the American Dream is to be prosperous and successful. I have the same views for my family that are integrated into the American Dream. If my family, including me, were to be successful then, in my mind, I would have reached the American Dream.
One more way the American Dream effects my family is to be able to live the way we want and believe in what we want. To have this freedom would let us live more peacefully in our homes. to achieve this privilege would truly be part of the American Dream.
interesting, Fred. Are there other aspects of the American Dream that specifically affect your family?
ReplyDelete